How To Baby Proof Your Home
Parenthood, where everything you do is for the good of your little ones. The responsibility of taking good care of them is always difficult and time constraining. You need to take your time feeding them, clothing them and keeping them out of harm’s way. More than that, you need to have them immunized to prevent them from contracting certain diseases. That’s a lot of work to do, but if you’re a parent, you’ll get the hang of it.
Most of the time accidents happen inside the home and some of the most common is ingestion of chemicals, choking hazards, falls, etc. In the case of babies, they have a tendency to grab anything that interests them. This is not good, for example, if your baby grabs something that looks like a wire, they can get electrocuted. Importance of knowing how to baby proof your house is a must.
To further help you learn more about proper baby proofing tips, check this out. Take notes and you’ll never regret it.
- In the living room, place baby proof sockets to prevent electrocution, check the floor for any swallowable things such as buttons, pins, etc. that can give them choking hazards. Place a safety gate at the top and the bottom of the staircase to prevent them from accessing it that could lead to falls, place decorative plants (most of them are poisonous) out of the floor to prevent them from chewing its leaves and place sharp objects into proper containers to prevent cuts.
- In the nursery room, remove movable toys from the crib, use a safety-regulated crib to ensure safe sleep, use cordless blinds to prevent suffocation through strangling, remove unnecessary toys from the crib that can cause choking hazards and never forget to place older children toys out of their fingers’ reach.
- The kitchen possesses an arsenal of dangerous tools and chemicals that can injure or even kill your baby. You need to place your cleaning supplies in high cabinets, put insect or rodent traps out of children’s reach, refrain from using magnets on the fridge as a choking hazard may ensue and make sure that important kitchen doors are locked.
- Bathrooms possess a child-deadly cocktail of hazards and spills. Extra caution is definitely recommended. Measure to be used for the baby’s safety is to never ever leave water located in containers like buckets. Babies can drown in them.
- Next is the insertion of lid locks for your toilet bowl. These locks can prevent your child from opening them that could make them prone to falling and drowning into the toilet. To prevent burns in children, set the water temperature to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. If you have a stash of medicines, facial creams and vitamins in your bathroom dresser, better place them in high places around the dresser.
Now you know some of the quick tips on preventing injury to your young one. It’s time to take initiative and practice this. Do it for the good of your baby.